John's Adventures

Hello! I'm John Grayson and I hope you enjoy reading of my adventures as much as I enjoy participating in them. I am one of those technology professionals whose interests lie outside of technology. Instead of checking out techie stuff, I check out history, nature, sports, and alcohol. Have Fun!

Sunday, December 12, 2004

 

Back Again!

It's been more then a month since I added to my blog. I've been busy with all kinds of stuff, and I will spare you the gory details. I will say that the month was interesting, and I'm sure you would like to know more, but you're not going to get it from me. Well, maybe sometime later on.

Anyway, I had a decent weekend. I stayed in Friday night because it didn't sound like anyone was going out. I also knew I had a hike to lead Saturday morning so for a change I behaved myself and got a good nights sleep before taking people into the woods. I had 11 people (not including me) interested in going on this hike. One even signed up Friday night. Come Saturday morning though only one other guy showed up. Four hikers dropped out for various reasons (all good) on Friday and then 1 called me in the morning to say he couldn't make it. I guess everyone else was sleeping off hang-overs. Shoot, at least give a guy a call if you're going to bag an event.

After the hike I wandered over to my friend Howards house. I hadn't seen Howard and his family for about 2 years. They were quite surprised to see me. As soon as I walked through the door Howard offered me a Guinness and we spent the next few hours catching up. Howard even forced me to drink some of his 25 year old Highland Park Scotch Whiskey. Damn good stuff. I don't think I've had a better whiskey!

Saturday night was spent with the Burke family. They had a holiday party at their new home in Chesapeake Beach, Maryland. The evening started out slowly because there were some people hanging out that haven't been around as long as most of us have been friends. Later in the evening though we started telling some pretty good stories from the past and all of us suffered some embarrassment. The only drawback to the evening was the lack of turnout. It would have been nice if Jon and Paul had been able to make it out. Oh well, maybe next time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   June 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?