John's Adventures

Hello! I'm John Grayson and I hope you enjoy reading of my adventures as much as I enjoy participating in them. I am one of those technology professionals whose interests lie outside of technology. Instead of checking out techie stuff, I check out history, nature, sports, and alcohol. Have Fun!

Thursday, December 23, 2004

 

Holiday Party Gone Wrong

Well, it started out innocently. The living history group I'm in decided to have a holiday party this past weekend. It was to be held in Richmond, Virginia so my hope was to get down there and back in the same evening. Had I kept to plan I would have been on my way home at about 10 PM.

As it turned out, I got to the party a bit late and immediately found that I was enjoying myself. There were a lot of good stories being told. Mostly jokes on people at the party and away from the party. Good food and a lot of alcohol too. I started out with beer and then jumped into the liquor with both feet. Later on I switched back to beer. In general I can make these changes without trouble, but this was not a normal night. Not for me at least.

After moving into the liquor drinks I started into a punch made with rum (rum is one of my favorites). Then I downed half the supply of punch made from brandy. This one tasted better then the rum punch. The brandy punch was done so I switched back to the rum punch. About this time someone suggested shots of vodka. Ok, I'm always up for a few shots of vodka. Next it was back to beer.

At this point the party was breaking up and if I was still in charge of my senses I would have left too. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking straight and the guy who hosted the party suggested going downtown to visit some bars. Off we went. I drove and parked a couple blocks from the bar.

We started up with some more beer. Had we kept up with beer I would have been ok. Unfortunately, my friend decided to switch us over to irish whiskey. After drinking that down I was positively queasy. Not to mention far and away drunk.

For some reason I decided to go for a walk. Most likely I just wanted to go out the front door for some fresh air. When I went back into the bar I couldn't find my friend. A sober guy would have just hung around waiting to see what happened. Not me though, I wandered out on the street to find my car. I'm not sure what I would have done if I found my car, but let's just say I had no business owning a car that night. Thankfully, I couldn't find it. Somehow I was able to find the bar again.

As soon as I walked back into the bar I ran into my friend. He had been outside getting sick, and wanted to get out of the neighborhood. Off we went in search of the car. Again, the car was not found. He works in the area and decided it would be a good idea to just head there to sober up and then try to find the car in the morning. Finally, I good decision.

I woke up wondering where the hell I was, but at least I wasn't wandering around the streets.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   June 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?